As if fall was not already the greatest time of year – what with it’s sweater weather, crunchy leaves, apple pies, and whatnot – all of these cookbooks are coming out, too!
2. A Girl and Her Greens by April Bloomfield: We have her to thank for one of the best burgers in the city and for inspiring girls everywhere to wield a meat cleaver without hesitation, but I can’t wait to see what she can do with greenmarket produce.
3. Heritage by Sean Brock: He showed the world that Southern food is about more than just biscuits and gravy, all while hunting down heirloom seed varieties and convincing South Carolina farmers to re-introduce centuries-old vegetables to our food system – no big deal! Plus, his high-low take on Southern classics is downright delicious.
4. Make it Ahead by Ina Garten: All hail Ina! We can kid all we want about the good quality ingredients she calls for, but there’s no denying that her recipes are foolproof and never let you down. Here, a make ahead take on her comforting fare. Count me in.
5. Homemade Decadence by Joy Wilson: One of my favorite bloggers is publishing her second cookbook, which is sure to be full of her quirky, utterly charming prose and signature decadence. Plus, the subtitle, “Irresistibly Sweet, Salty, Gooey, Sticky, Fluffy, Creamy, Crunchy Treats,” kind of says it all.
6. Food52 Genius Recipes: This one is last because it’s not available until April 2015 *gasp* but I know it will be worth the wait. I trust the dishes from the “genius recipes” column at Food52 enough to debut one at a dinner party for 10, a meal at my boyfriend’s parents, or a seal-the-deal dinner preceding said Meet The Parents dinner. And now there’s a whole book of them! Mark your calendars, people.